Process Runner software can function as a “Designer” version or as a “Run Only” version. Usually process expert performs “Designer” role and creates the Process file. Other users can use this Process file and execute the process created by the “Designer”.
If user needs to create new process or change process design, s/he will need to be Designer, otherwise that user can use “Run Only” version/license of Process Runner. Here is more details to help you decide “Designer” v/s “Run Only”:
Following table lists capabilities of “Designer” v/s “Run-Only” user:
|Create New Process||Yes||No|
|Access Innowera Cloud and Sample Templates||Yes||No|
|Change existing Process:||Yes||Limited (see below)|
|Change Excel source||Yes||Yes|
|Change Advance control settings||Yes||No|
|Schedule Process to run automatically||Yes||Yes|
|Step-by-Step Debug, Troubleshoot in SAP||Yes||Yes|
Full running functionality but restricted create and change functionality:
Run – Only user can Run, Test Run, process Errors and perform debugs on existing Process file created by someone else. Run – Only user cannot create a new Process and has very limited capability to change existing process file.
This is how Run-Only version of Process Runner looks when started first time:
Open existing Process File:
Process Runner look is simplified and streamlined. Only Run tool bar is visible as a starting point.
User has full functionality to Run, Test Run, Process Errors and Debug. However, Only Excel File section is editable. Other sections are visible but cannot be changed.
Note: Process Designer can further lock these controls while creating process file. In that case, Run – Only user will not have these sections editable. This allows additional flexibility to limit the editable access that Run – Only user may have.
iBook (internal Excel) clear view:
iBook tab clearly displays Excel data and all Excel tool bars and menus are visible. User can edit Excel data and can click on any of the Processing option (Run, Test Run, Error Processing, and Debug) from there itself.
Note: Process Designer can lock iBook tab and in that case, Run Only user will not be able to edit Excel data in iBook tab.
Customize the look:
Run – Only user can hide or show some of the tabs and tool bars for cleaner look or easier access. Process Runner automatically remembers these settings.
User can turn on “Mapper” tab and review the mapping. However no changes are allowed in Mapper.
User can go to “Scheduler” tab and can schedule the process to run at pre-defined time:
Run Only Process Runner Excel Add-In interface (Optional)
Process Runner Excel Add-In allows to execute SAP directly from Excel. Run – Only user can edit Excel data and can click on any of the processing option (Run, Test Run, Error Processing, and Debug) on existing process files created by someone else. Run – Only user cannot attach or remove process files in current file and have very limited capability.
EShare – Enterprise Share access (optional):
If your company had implemented optional Innowera Enterprise Share (EShare), Run Only user can also access this central EShare process file repository. EShare enables easy deployment, sharing and collaboration and helps SAP automation team work together.
Excel Add-In End User Run Only Overview
Process Runner “Designer” can build, test, run and deploy processes for your enterprise. While “Run – Only” offers simplified functionality for end user so they can focus on data and execute the Process created by other Process “Designer”.
- With correct mix of “Designer” and “Run Only” user, enterprises can create controlled and functional environment for SAP process execution and automation.
- Process “Designer” can implement all the complex scenario, filters, checks, validations etc. in Process file and not worry about “Run Only” end user making mistakes or changing critical component of the Process.
- “Run- Only” license is less expensive than regular designer license. This brings down overall solution cost and allows wider deployment.
- With optional centralized Innowera EShare implementation, sharing and collaboration between “Designer” and “Run Only” users can be automated and improved. Process file saved/published on EShare by Designer can be automatically accessed by all Run Only users. This eliminates sending process files via email and having risk of multiple and uncontrolled versions of process files in organization. You can even force all the users to use EShare only, avoiding local or uncontrolled versions of scripts.
- Run- Only functionality can be easily upgraded to full functionality by simply installing a small license file, without re-installing the whole application.
- Process Runner Excel-Add in eliminates needs to install full version of Process Runner software and allows users to directly executes SAP processes embedded by “Designer” from Excel file. Learn more about Excel add-in.