Getting Started with Process Runner DB
Welcome and thank you for selecting Innowera Process Runner DB. This document will provide as a quick reference on following topics:
- Installing Process Runner DB
- Downloading Process Runner DB from the Innowera website
- Visit: http://www.innowera.com/sap-data-db-download
- Provide your e-mail address and click “Download Now”. Please note a valid e-mail address is required.
- Installing Process Runner DB on a computer
- Download Innowera_DB_Set_Up.exe file to your desktop.
- Run downloaded setup file and follow the wizard to finish the installation.
- You may use same downloaded setup program to perform installations on multiple computers. There is no need to download the setup program again.
- If you had previously installed Process Runner DB, setup will automatically upgrade the previously installed Process Runner DB to a new version. If you want to keep the old version of Process Runner DB, simply select a different installation directory and your old version of Process Runner DB will be kept as is.
- Starting Process Runner DB for first time
- At the end of the installation, it may automatically start Process Runner DB.
- Or you may find the Process Runner DB icon on your desktop to start the program.
- By default, Process Runner DB installs as a demo version and works in limited mode. Once you install a valid license file (see next section), it will function as full product as per your license.
- If you previously installed Process Runner DB and the license has expired, Process Runner DB may not start and may give you a license expiration screen. See the next section on how to obtain a valid license from Innowera.
- If you are installing Process Runner DB on a server or virtual system, it may not start. You will need a special license for this type of scenario. Process Runner DB will clearly indicate any such issues.
- Requesting a license
- Start Process Runner DB
- Go To Help->About and Click the “Copy” button in screen similar to the one below.
- Click “Copy” again on the prompt. This will place all the required information to clipboard. This is similar to copying by pressing CTRL + C.
- Write an e-mail to email@example.com and paste (CTRL + V) this information in the body of the e-mail.
- Innowera license desk will validate your request and send you the license within 1-2 business days along with instruction on how to install it.
If you already have Process Runner DB installed (working or expired), you may skip this section and request licenses as described in the 2nd section.
If you already have Process Runner DB downloaded earlier, you can skip this step. We highly recommend that if you have an old download copy, you do a fresh download.
Follow the instruction from the download page. These instructions may tell you to do following:
Every customer should request a valid license from Innowera. Only then Process Runner DB will work as desired. If you do not have an appropriate license, Process Runner DB will stop working and will display a license expiration screen.
Generally the license is tied to a computer’s unique Hardware ID and/or windows (network) user ID. This information should be captured and sent to Innowera from each computer that needs a license.
Please follow these steps to capture HID and send a license request to Innowera.
- Supported SAP Releases*:
EHP8, EHP7, EHP6, EHP5, or EHP4, SAP-CRM, SAP-SCM/APO, SAP S/4HANA
- Supported SAP GUI*:
7.60, 7.50, or 7.40
- Supported DB :
Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, or SAP HANA
- Supported Database Connectivity :
Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), Object Linking and Embedding Database (OLEDB)
- Supported Logon Methods :
SAP GUI Logon
SAP SNC Logon
Enterprise Portal Logon
(HTTP and HTTPS)
- Supported OS*:
Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
- Desktop Hardware :
Disk Space: 250 MB to 300 MB
Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Security :
Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Supported Environment :
Citrix XenApp, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Terminal Servers, or virtual computers