Welcome and thank you for selecting Innowera Process Runner. This document will provide as a quick reference on following topics:
- Installing Process Runner
- Downloading Process Runner from the Innowera website
- Visit: download
- Provide your e-mail address and click “Download Now”. Please note a valid e-mail address is required.
- Installing Process Runner on a computer
- Download Innowera_Set_Up.exe file to your desktop.
- Run downloaded setup file and follow the wizard to finish the installation.
- You may use same downloaded setup program to perform installations on multiple computers. There is no need to download the setup program again.
- If you had previously installed Process Runner, setup will automatically upgrade the previously installed Process Runner to a new version. If you want to keep the old version of Process Runner, simply select a different installation directory and your old version of Process Runner will be kept as is.
- Starting Process Runner for first time
- At the end of the installation, it may automatically start Process Runner.
- Or you may find the Process Runner icon on your desktop to start the program.
- By default, Process Runner installs as a demo version and works in limited mode. Once you install a valid license file (see next chapter), it will function as full product as per your license.
- If you previously installed Process Runner and the license has expired, Process Runner may not start and may give you a license expiration screen. See the next chapter on how to obtain a valid license from Innowera.
- If you are installing Process Runner on a server or virtual system, it may not start. You will need a special license for this type of scenario. Process Runner will clearly indicate any such issues.
- Requesting and installing appropriate license
- Requesting a license
- Start Process Runner (if Process Runner is not installed, skip to the 2nd method below or install Process Runner first.)
- Go To Help->About and Click the “Copy” button in screen similar to the one below.
- Click “Copy” again on the prompt. This will place all the required information to clipboard. This is similar to copying by pressing CTRL + C.
- Write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and paste (CTRL + V) this information in the body of the e-mail.
- Download and unzip HID utility: downloads/hid.zip
- Run HID.exe. It will create HardwareID.txt file.
- E-mail HardwareID.txt to email@example.com
- Column 2: Hardware ID as per method 1a or 1b above from each of the computers where you intend to run Process Runner. Hardware ID must be provided.
- Column 3: User ID must be provided for each user you are requesting licensing. Please note that the Windows user ID that is used to login to the computer is requested. SAP User ID is NOT required.
- Column 4: User Name should be provided. This will be displayed each time a user start the application. If User Name is not provided, User ID will be used instead.
- Column 5: If the user does not log in to a domain, leave it blank. If the user logs in to multiple domains, please provide all those domain names.
- Column 6: If you do not know this or if all of your licenses are of the same type, leave this blank. Please note if you have ordered Designer and Run Only licenses at the same time, you must specify which user gets which type of license. Lack of this information will delay license issuance. If you have requested only one type of license, you may leave this column blank.
- Column 7: If you have ordered more than one type of module mix, you must indicate which user gets which module(s). Lack of this information will delay license issuance. If you had requested only one type of module, you may leave this column blank.
- Column 8: If you have any special requests, instructions, comments, please put them in this column. Please note that some of them may require special license arrangements.
If you already have Process Runner installed (working or expired), you may skip this section and request licenses as described in the 2nd section.
If you already have Process Runner downloaded earlier, you can skip this step. We highly recommend that if you have an old download copy, you do a fresh download.
Follow the instruction from the download page. These instructions may tell you to do following:
(If you have requested floating licenses, skip to Section B – Installing license)
Every customer should request a valid license from Innowera. Only then Process Runner will work as desired. If you do not have an appropriate license, Process Runner will stop working and will display a license expiration screen.
Generally the license is tied to a computer’s unique Hardware ID and/or windows (network) user ID. This information should be captured and sent to Innowera from each computer that needs a license.
Please follow these steps to capture HID and send a license request to Innowera.
Method 1 a: Capture HID from Process Runner.
Method 1 b: Capturing Hardware ID without installing Process Runner.
If you do not have Process Runner installed yet, you may download a small utility that will generate a Hardware ID for the computer. This will enable you to request a license without first installing Process Runner.
If you are requesting more than one license, you may send necessary information as provided in the sample table below instead of sending individual e-mails.
Fill in details for all the Process Runner users that you are requesting licenses for (please exclude the example data when sending the request back to Innowera).
Once completed, send this table to the Innowera representative you are working with.
|No||Hardware ID (HID) Required||Windows User ID Required||User Name||Windows Domain (to which user logs on to)||License Type||Requested Module(s) TX = Transaction
BA = BAPI
GS = GUI Scripting
DE = Data Extraction
ALL = All of above
|JohnA||John Apple||na.consato.com||Run Only||TX||Server|
|JackB||Jack Baskin||eu.consato.com||Run Only||ALL|
|TylerK||Tyler Khol||eu.consato.com||Designer||ALL||Virtual PC|
|SmithaJ||Smitha Lal||in.consato.com||Designer||TX + BA|
- Supported SAP Releases :
ECC6 or ECC5, EHP8, EHP7, EHP6, EHP5, or EHP4, SAP-CRM, SAP-SCM/APO, SAP S/4HANA
- Supported SAP GUI :
7.60, 7.50, or 7.40
- Supported Office Versions :
Office 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010
- Supported Logon Methods :
SAP GUI Logon
SAP SNC Logon
Enterprise Portal Logon
(HTTP and HTTPS)
- Supported OS :
Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
- Desktop Hardware :
Disk Space: 550 MB to 600 MB
Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Supported Environment :
Citrix XenApp, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Terminal Servers, or virtual computers